Make some delicious chunky peanut butter cookies, then sit back and enjoy them with a nice cup of coffee! They’re delicious while still warm.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Makes around 18-36 cookies
1 cup of unsalted butter
1½ cups of crunchy peanut butter
1½ cups of light brown sugar
½ cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of real vanilla extract
2½ cups of all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup of unsalted peanuts, divided
- Place the top oven rack in the centre position and pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 2/3 cup of unsalted peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange them on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten. Add remaining chopped peanuts to the top of the cookies and press the peanuts down into them.
- Place the baking sheets into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!