suefoster.info contains affiliate links. If you click one of these links I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, thank you! Please see my Disclosure Policy for further information.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is drastically changing people’s daily lives and the global economy. This virus causes unprecedented disruptions to various industries and sectors including the tourism, education, information, electronics, factories and solar power sector. Countries are banning face-to-face gatherings of people and enforcing strict quarantine protocols to control the spread of this highly communicable disease.
No one anticipated that self-isolation and being at home would be part of their daily routines. This is a challenge for many people trying to minimize exposure. Some people try to normalize their life with activities like sitting while watching television, reading for long periods and using a computer for long hours. With this unprecedented lifestyle, no doubt, it could negatively affect overall health.
Here are some tips you can incorporate into your daily life, so you stay healthy amidst this global pandemic.
1. Improve your body’s immune system
One of the most effective methods to help increase the strength of your immune system is by eating the right food. Whether you want to live healthier or strengthen your resistance, eating more nutritious food is the right choice. Here are the following foods that may help to boost your immune system.
- Green tea
- Dark chocolates
- Sweet potatoes
If you don’t have the time to prepare fresh food yourself, it’s easy to get it sent to you by a company like Hello Fresh.
2. Weight management
Practicing self-discipline by maintaining your weight or slimming down will help to reduce health risks and prevent diseases. A balanced nutritious diet can help to maintain a healthy weight or attain ideal body weight.
One of the most common weight-loss treatments today is IV therapy. This therapy is designed to trim your waistline by burning its fat. It combines hydrating fluids and energy-boosting vitamins to help combat fatigue and boost your metabolism.
3. Stay active
Gyms may still close, however, there are lots of safe options to being physically active without going to crowded places. Exercise can help to ease anxiety, stress, depression, and other mental illnesses. It can also aid chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. By finding new ways to get moving and motivated, you can control your mood and stay on track. Here are some ideas that have worked to set up new exercise habits.
- Go for a brisk walk or walk even in small spaces
- Standing up whenever you can
- Meditation and deep breaths
- Jog in uncrowded areas outdoors
- Aerobics at home
- Dumbell Workouts at home
- Home-based workouts
Body Sculpture BW108T Smart Dumbbell Tower | 1.5KG, 3KG & 5KG Sets Included.
4. Get adequate sleep
Many people experience disruptions to their nighttime habits resulting in poor sleeping patterns. It is important to prioritize good sleep because it is essential to our overall health. Try to be consistent with your sleep schedule because this consistency will keep your body in a natural rhythm.
5. Managing your mental health
During this challenging time, extreme stress, anxiety, and depression are rising. A wide range of emotions such as sadness, guilt, anger, and fear is valid and with these, people may tend to have thoughts of committing suicide. If you are struggling to cope with your ways, here are some healthy ways to get away from your stress.
- Make time to unwind
- Try to stay positive by thinking positive thoughts
- Discover new things or try to do some other activities you enjoy
- Avoid excessive alcohol, tobacco, and substance use
- Set boundaries around social media consumption
- Connect with your faith-based organizations
6. Stay connected with friends and loved ones
Having positive social connections during a pandemic will help reduce anxiety, instances of feeling down and improve mental health. Your connections to them are important. Here are several virtual communication ways that can help you and your loved ones stay connected and feel less lonely.
- Call your loved ones. A phone call is the easiest way to stay in touch with your friends and family.
- Use platforms like Zoom, Skype, and Facetime for video calls. It is a great way to virtually visit your loved ones and host events like dinner and movie nights.
- Join an interactive online discussion. The online world offers a lot of fun things to do like joining an online book club. It is a social activity that allows you to interact in real-time with others who share the same interests as you.
- Play online games with your friends
- Tune in to live-streamed concerts and other events
Incorporating these good things into your routine can make a big difference in both physical and mental well-being. Also, keep in mind that managing your behaviours can help you feel more in charge of the situation and only concentrate on the things that are within your power.