suefoster.info contains affiliate links marked with an *. If you click one of these links I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, thank you! Please see my Disclosure Policy for further information.
The Christmas Tag
Many thanks to Jo at A Rose Tinted World for tagging me in The Christmas Tag. I’ve really enjoyed reading what others have written for this, and have now written mine! Here are the questions.
1. Do you prefer giving or receiving gifts?
I like to give gifts especially to my daughter and seeing her face light up. It’s nice to receive gifts too.
2. Do you make and stick to New Year’s resolutions?
It’s usually to lose weight but since being in my 40’s I find it very hard to lose so this resolution often fails.
3. Have you ever made a snowman?
I’ve made many snowmen over the years, It’s great when you get the good snow that sticks together.
4. Is your Christmas tree real or fake, and what theme do you prefer?
This is the first year I’ve ever had a real tree. We bought a lovely one in a pot from Homebase for £25 and it can go in the garden afterwards. I don’t like the idea of cutting them down and then them being thrown out.
5. Most memorable holiday moment?
I think when you’re a kid Christmas is exciting, going to bed, listening to see if you can hear Santa, waking up early and seeing a pile of presents. It all changes when you get older. I love seeing my daughter happy, she’s at the stage of not believing in Santa now!
6. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?
We’re not ones for traditions really we just do whatever we feel like.
7. What is the best Christmas present you have ever received?
Honestly, I really can’t think of anything that was the best.
8. What are your favourite holiday foods?
Stilton, wine, cake, nuts, crisps, Christmas pudding, cold turkey the next day, all the bad stuff!
9. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I like a fair few films so don’t really have a favourite, I go through phases of watching a film, really liking it and watching it over until I get fed up with it. I’d say with Christmas films I’ve seen them so many times yet I still watch them. I watch the usual ones like The Grinch, Home Alone, A Christmas Carol e.t.c.
10. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Again I don’t have a favourite, I like most unless they are played too many times and start to drive me nuts.
11. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
Having time off work and being with my daughter.
12. What would be your dream place to visit at Christmas time?
I’ve been to Spain for New Year once, other than that I don’t really think about going away at this time as money is spent elsewhere.
13. Who do you spend Christmas with?
My daughter & friends.
14. When do you start getting excited about Christmas?
I don’t get overly excited about Christmas. I do like to go out and have a few Pub Christmas dinners and like to visit Christmas markets to have a look around.
15. You have one Christmas wish – what will it be?
That something was done in the country for the homeless. I don’t like Christmas when I see these poor people. Money needs to be spent on them.