Domain Authority is also known as DA in the blogging world. Domain Authority is a metric created by Moz who is a provider of SEO tools.
DA is based on the size, popularity and age of a website and is based on a scale of 1 to 100 on how your website ranks in search engines with 100 being the best score. A brand new site may score only 1.
You can check your website’s DA rank here.
How can I improve my DA?
To improve your DA score it’s best to improve your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
Use an SEO plugin such as Yoast or All In One SEO and make sure that you optimise your posts.
Write good posts on a regular basis.
Focus on link building by getting your link placed on other websites that compliment your site.
Types of Linking
Reciprocal linking: This is where you both link to a page on each other’s site.
Backlinks: This is where a site links to you preferably with a dofollow link, then you will benefit. It is important to obtain backlinks from good quality sites that are relevant to yours.
(Read up about dofollow and nofollow links here).
Good places to obtain backlinks
- Forums where your website signature is permitted.
- Social media profiles
- Answer questions on Quora and provide helpful information with links back to your site.
- Join Facebook blogging support groups.
- Submit your URL to website directories
- Make sure you have internal links on your website. These are links going from one page or post to another within your site.
- Use Anchor Text – Anchor text is the highlighted text that you click on to open a web page, the text is shown rather than the full URL.
- Make sure you write good articles then people will naturally link to them. If you don’t have the time to constantly write articles, these can be outsourced.
- Create cornerstone articles, these are posts that are most important to you. If you use Yoast you can set posts as a cornerstone.
- Use the services of a good SEO link building company.