Some posts on suefoster.info may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy for further information.
10 Ways To Save Money Food Shopping
We are all guilty of adding things to our weekly shop that we don’t need. Sometimes when money is tight we really need to cut back and set a budget. Here are 10 ways to save money food shopping.
1) Buy loose fruit and veg rather than packaged ones, you’re paying for packaging that gets thrown in the bin anyway.
2) Make a list before you go shopping and stick to it. Don’t be tempted to buy anything else. If shopping online, do the same and stick to a list.
3) Plan your weekly meals before you go shopping. Make sure you only buy enough food for the week and those meals.
4) Check your fridge, freezer and cupboards before you make your list. Avoid buying something you already have hidden away.
5) Switch to Supermarket budget brands, you’ll find them just as good and you’ll save a lot more this way.
6) Stop buying prepared foods. Cook meals in big batches and freeze portions for another day. Portion sized plastic tubs are great for freezing meals, they’re readily available in pound shops, or you can save the tubs from Chinese take away meals.
7) Don’t throw away the last bits of cheese. Grate it up and freeze then use it straight from the freezer in dishes or sprinkle over a bolognese.
8) It’s important to set a budget and stick to it, if you go over, go through everything and remove items that you don’t really need.
9) If you go to a supermarket, take a calculator with you to make sure you don’t overspend.
10) Watch out for the kids or partner sneaking in chocolate. Seriously it does happen!
For more meal planning and how to portion a chicken to save money head over to Joleisa.com.
[amazon_link asins=’1785942468,B005E87H72,1473662729,1849499551,0718187725,B01NBMMOW7,1509858105,178594178X,1785941976′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’suefoster.info-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’af932634-c710-11e7-a254-9514bd3391f4′]