suefoster.info contains affiliate links which will be marked with an asterisk *. If you click one of these links I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please see my Disclosure Policy for further information.
This is a question that pops up all the time and everyone has a different opinion on the subject. The tips below are my views on using Pinterest and what I’ve found has worked over the years of using the platform.
The Secret to Increasing Traffic on Pinterest
To increase your traffic on Pinterest the most important thing you need to do is be consistent nothing else!
Showing up daily and pinning your own content, sharing others and following people will result in traffic growth and that is the main thing you need to do.
How Many Times a Day Do I Need to Pin?
There really isn’t any need to pin hundreds of times a day. I’m afraid there’s no magic number.
I’ve bought courses and read so many blog posts with differing views on what you’re supposed to do that my head was spinning with all the conflicting advice.
Studies on various Pinterest accounts have shown that results differ, whether pinning only a couple of times per day to pinning hundreds of times.
Pinning too much can have a negative effect and will cause burnout, you’ll lose motivation when it becomes a chore. Nobody wants to spend their entire day on Pinterest, I certainly don’t!
I suggest pinning at least five times a day, up to a maximum of 20 times. I personally don’t think there’s any need for much more.
The most traffic growth I have ever received with Pinterest was by simply pinning daily – consistency is key. Erratic pinning seems to have a negative effect.
When I got lazy and started missing days then my growth and monthly unique views started to decline.
If You Can’t Pin Everyday Then Schedule Them
If you’re someone who just can’t find the time to pin or really don’t want to be bothered then you need Tailwind* to help.
Tailwind will assist in quickly finding pins and you can schedule them for weeks in advance. I do suggest pinning manually when you can as well because it really does make a difference.
My Suggestions to Help Grow Your Pinterest Account & Traffic
- Create pins using Canva*, there are plenty of free templates that can be edited easily, then get creative and start designing your own. If you haven’t the time to create pins buy some premade ones*.
- Schedule 5-10 pins per day using tailwind (if you have it)
- Manually pin 5-10 pins per day. This can easily be done in the morning when you’re having your breakfast and in the evening before bed.
- Follow interesting pinners in your niche and follow back some of the people who are following you.
- Create fresh new pin images for your blog posts and schedule those using Tailwind.
- Browse through the Pinterest home feed, check your following feed and save pins from those. Visit your group boards occasionally and save pins from them.
- Join group boards in your niche
- Create board covers and link back to categories on your blog.
- If you use Tailwind make use of the board lists and use interval scheduling.
Pinterest likes you to interact on their site. People who manually pin as well as using Tailwind* seem to have more growth than using Tailwind on its own.
Don’t have Pinterest or Tailwind? I can help you set them up.